During the summer, your air conditioner is used to help reduce humidity and cool the air in your house. If your AC is always running, this can be detrimental to your peace of mind and your energy bills. For a professional inspection or tune-up, contact De Ochoa Heating and Air Conditioning and speak to one of our AC installation experts in Tulare, CA.
Reasons Why Your AC Is Constantly Running
Many people think their air conditioners are constantly running because they’re not properly lubricated. Many other common problems, such as those discussed below, can also cause your AC to run constantly:
- Faulty or dirty Coil – Your air conditioner will pick up dirt and debris, contaminating the condenser coils. Air conditioners require regular maintenance by professionals to keep the unit clean and running at its best. Copper coils used in condensers have the function of retaining refrigerant in liquid form. If your air conditioner is not serviced regularly, dirt, dust, and other allergens can build up over time, causing the AC to work harder and run more often.
- Overheating – If there is excessive heat elsewhere in the home, a fireplace, for example, the AC unit, will have little chance of combating it. So if you have an oversized room or lot, invest in a bigger AC unit instead of relying on an uncomfortable small one that won’t cut it.
- Air leaks – Your cleaned air is escaping your home through ducting leaks. Call our AC replacement professional in Tulare, CA, to do an energy audit to identify and fix any leaks. Finding the leaks and stopping them is the answer. They usually appear close to your doors and windows.
- Bad filters- Often overlooked, but one of the most common causes of constant AC running is bad filters. Each time your AC blows cold air indicating a filter isn’t working, it uses more energy. A good way to tell if your filter is bad is if you see an accumulation of dust on it, especially during the warm months when you’re not using your AC often. Replace it every 6 months or sooner if you notice a change in air quality or if it’s causing loud noises when you turn on your AC.
- Cooling unit failure- One of the biggest reasons AC units start running constantly is when the cooling unit fails – this is usually caused by an inadequate liquid-cooled condenser motor which draws high current due to knocked-out relay open or close control circuits. A poorly designed or executed defrost process can lead to ice build-ups on inside parts of your air conditioner where it turns the compressor on repeatedly – this causes high energy usage and excessive noise levels.
It’s time to bring in the experts if your system is running nonstop. Contact De Ochoa Heating and Air Conditioning by dialing 559-644-0308. We are a reliable HVAC company specializing in AC replacement and AC installation in Tulare, CA.
Our experts are always ready to assist you with all your heating and air conditioning problems. You can also mail us to fix an appointment